Home Whitening is the whitening system that can be used by yourself in the convenience of your own home over a few days or nights.
The Home Whitening Kit contains custom fitted whitening trays, tray storage case, whitening gel syringes and reusable mixing nozzles. Whitening trays can be prepared in 45 mins., after we take your tooth impression.
- Floss and brush your teeth.
- Place a small amount of Gel in each tooth compartment in the tray. You may need to use less depending on the size of your teeth.
- Place the tray with the gel in your mouth. As you insert the tray, be careful not to push the gel out of the tray. You may see "bubbling" within your trays while wearing them. This bubbling is actually part of the whitening process.
- Use extra care to avoid getting gel on your gums. Remove excess gel with a cotton swab or a dry toothbrush.
- After whitening, rinse the trays with cold water and rinse and brush your teeth to remove.
- In Home Whitening too there are a number of choices. The recommended wear time will depend on the type of formula selected by you and the concentration of the gel. The treatment should go uninterrupted. If you must skip a night or two, the process must be extended to compensate for the time missed.
- Avoid substances such as coffee, tea, red wine and tobacco.
- Continue good oral hygiene throughout the treatment.
- Use the treatment while pregnant or lactating.
- Whiten if you have diabetes or heart disease, consult your physician.
- Overload whitening trays with gel as tooth and/or gum irritation may occur. Dosage marking on the syringes represents the maximum amount of gel per tray. Using less than one dose is better than using more.
- Use any household or other whitening products to whiten your teeth.
- Eat, drink or smoke while wearing your custom trays.
Some patients may experience tooth sensitivity to cold during the treatment, while others may have nonspecific sensitivity in their teeth, gums,tongue, lips or throat. If any of these symptoms occur and are more than mild, discontinue the treatment until you speak with your dental professional.